SongVault Artist Profile
Nova Scotia, Canada
Urban / Soul
When you turn on a Jamie Sparks track, the music will immediately begin to release tension in the neck & shoulders. As if someone were giving you a luxurious massage, the mellow tones can smooth out any uptight or anxious feelings. The tempo, chords and melodies were specially crafted and purposely designed to make you feel good.
Singer/Songwriter/Producer Jamie Sparks has been blazing trails within the industry for years. From Cherry Brook, Nova Scotia he’s traveled throughout North America touring and recording. No stranger to awards Jamie has received the Montreal's Jazz Festival's Award of Excellence, the Professional Publishers and Songwriter Award, Winner of two ECMA’s, 2 ANSMA Awards and a Juno Nomination.
The Jamie Sparks album "Fun Tonight" with tracks recorded at P.Diddy's "Daddy's House" (Bad Boy) Recording Studios in NYC, has sold thousands of copies and yielded four music videos. The hot new single " ALL I NEED" from his upcoming New Album "IT'S The MUSIC" is already Nominated for ECMA Urban Single Recording of the Year 2007.
His music has most recently been heard on the Fox Network shows 24, CUTS on UPN, WILDCARD on Global and THE LIFE on ESPN.
In addition to singing, he is also President of Operations for Kicksta Music Group. The record label's last release "SCOTIA MIX VOL.1" is a collection of hip hop/R&B artists from Nova Scotia. It features artists such as Canadian Idol contestant Kaleb Simmonds, The Empire, Dimples, and Papa Grand - to name a few. Kicksta recently filmed a music video for Papa's single "ScoTown Stomp" produced by Triton Films of Vancouver.
IT'S THE MUSIC Jamie's newest CD was launched on May 25th in Halifax, Nova Scotia. This is another work of art from Mr. Sparks. Music that makes you want to dance to the beat and rhythms' to make love to and release all tension. Jamie has a way with words and a passion that can be felt in each and every song. This CD will be playing in homes and car stereos across the country hit after hit. From front to finish IT'S THE MUSIC is another remarkable project that is sure to add nominations and awards to Jamie's list of accomplishments. Each and every song has been built with the complexity of a puzzle and for the sheer enjoyment of the listeners. His passion pours through his words and his wisdom of the nature of love can only be assumed by his assimilation of the lyrics of love and life.
If you're having a rough day, or something just ain't right...turn up the track, sit back and enjoy the musical journey!
singer, songwriter, producer, bassist and keyboardist. Began professionally in 1990
2007 ECMA for 'ALL I NEED" Urban single Recording of the year
2007 ECMA SCOTIA MIX VOL.1 African Canadian Recording of the Year
2006 ECMA “Gonna Get Down” Urban Single Recording of the Year
2002 Juno Nomination Best R&B/Soul Recording
2000 East Coast Music Award for Urban Recording of the Year
1999 ANSMA nomin. for R&B Artist of the Year
1999 East Coast Music Award nomination for Male Vocalist of the Year.
1998 African Nova Scotian Music Assoc. (ANSMA) award for Best New Artist
1998 East Coast Music Award for Best Dance/HipHop Artist of the Year.
1997 Regional winner in the 1997 SunFM Songwriter Contest.
1997 Professional Demo Award from Foundation to Assist Canadian Talent on Records (FACTOR)
1996 Professional Publishers and Songwriters Award (FACTOR)
* JUL 2007 - Opened for Rihanna (Def Jam/Universal)
* JUN 2007 - Good Morning Canada
* APR 2007 - Dominican Republic
* APR 2002 - Opened for Shaggy (MCA/Universal)
* JAN 2007 - St. Francis Xavier University
* APR 2006 - Halifax Civic Centre (Juno’s Weekend)
* DEC 2005 - Pipers Pub New Years Eve (Antigonish, NS)
* OCT 2005 - Chuggles Bar (Antigonish, NS)
* FEB 2003 - 42 St. Theatre Row Studios (New York City)
* MAY 1998 - Opened for “112” (Bad Boy/Arista Records),
* OCT 2002 - Soul Cafe (42nd St. New York City)
* NOV 2002 - Ave C Cafe, Cats Cafe (New York City)
* DEC 2002 - The Village Underground (New York City)
* JAN 2003 - The Baggot In (New York City)
* JAN 2000 - Philadelphia Music Conference (Adams Mark Hotel)
* DEC 2000 - Pause TV on The WB (New York City)
* JUL 2000 - Dartmouth’s 250 Birthday (crowd of 25,000)
* JUN 2000 - ITT Sheraton Casino
* MAR 2002 - Private party at Tatamagouche Golf Course with guests Lennie Gallant, Mike Cowie,
* AUG 2000 - Sable Gas Project wrap party @ World Trade
Centre with Bruce Guthro,
* APR 2000 - Matt Minglewood, John Gracie, Liz Rigney,
* FEB 1999 - East Coast Music Awards National Telecast
* JAN 1999 - DaMix(Much Music, Canada/U.S. music TV Network)
* JAN 1999 - Open Mike w/Mike Bullard (Talk Show aired Can/U.S.
on CTV & Comedy Network
* JUL 1999 - Canada Day Celebrations in Dartmouth
* DEC 1998 - World Trade & Convention Centre (New Year’s Eve)
* JUL 1998 - Grand Opening of the New MusicWorld Store,
* MAR 1998 - Nat’l anthem & half-time show CIAU basketball finals (TSN),
* FEB 1998 - Nationally televised 1998 East Coast Music Awards Show
* MAR 1998 - Canadian Music Week showcases at the Bamboo and
Government Club Toronto, ON,
* JAN 1998 - UMOJA Talk Show
* MAY 1997 - Guest soloist on CBC/Salter Street Television
* FEB 1995 - Annual tribute concert in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
* Recorded CD “Fun Tonight” at Daddy’s House Recording Studios
(A Division of Bad Boy Entertainment Inc. New York, NY) fall 2000
* Shot 4 videos for the album “Fun Tonight” (Unforgettable, Be Right There
Tender Love, Fun Tonight shot in Toronto & Vancouver 2000, 2001, 2002) in rotation on Much Vibe, Much More Music, BET, MTV Canada.
* Songs placed in TV
- “Cuts” on UPN/CBS (2006)
- “G-Spot: The Series” The Movie Network 2005
- Fox Networks programs such as “American Embassy, 24” (2002)
- “wildcard” on Lifetime Network (2003-2004)
- The Life on ESPN
- Halleujah on CBC
- Breakfast Television on CTV
- Pause TV on The WB; Midnight Love on BET
* Scotia Mix Vol.1 (2006) Kicksta Music Group
* Gonna Get Down (2005) single Kicksta
* Jamie Sparks-Unforgettable (2000) re-released re-mixes as “Fun Tonight” (2004)
* single “Unforgettable” featured on EMI Music Urban compilation 44N/63W (2000)
* Jamie Sparks: The Time (1998)
* Beat Factory "Groove Essentials" compilation CD,EMI (1997)
* seven song extended (EP) single titled: "Jamie Sparks: Git Wit U" (1996)
* Wrote the theme song for the 1994 Nova Scotia Human Rights Commission
* Appeared on the 1994 FACTOR New Artist Compilation CD.
* Won the Award of Excellence at the 1991 Jazz Music Festival held at McGill
University in Montreal for the song “Making Me Feel”
- National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences (NARAS)
- President of Operations – Kicksta Music Group & Kicksta Muzik Publishing
- Owner of Smash Track Recording Studios
- Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada (SOCAN)
- Broadcast Music Inc. (BMI - U.S. Affiliate)
- Music Industry Associations of Nova Scotia (MIANS)
- African Nova Scotian Music Association (ANSMA)
- East Coast Music Association (ECMA)
- Canadian Musical Reproduction Rights Agency (CMRRA)